Posts tagged with i'll ramble if i want to:
- Today, Chris got an offer for a summer job IN PITTSBURGH doing exactly what he wanted to do. He gets major kudos for only having a few minor “I hate everyone”/ “I’m going to drink so much tequila that I almost die” moments during the first year of business school when all that anyone talked about was what their summer job was going to be, starting in approximately…October. I know all too well from law school (heck…life) how rejection after rejection from potential employers feels/wears away at your soul. It wasn’t so easy sometimes (for either of us!), but he stuck it out and in the end, I think it was all for the best. I selfishly can’t wait to have him here this summer and I’m unselfishly really glad he didn’t have to settle for something he didn’t truly want. I’m sure 3 months apart would have been entirely manageable, but also glad that’s no longer on the radar. Wahoo!
- Last night my friend and I decided to “grab a glass of wine and some pizza” for an early dinner, which quickly (and obviously) turned into 5 (?) glasses of wine. Oops. Sunday funday!
- I have become 90% obsessed with Andrew McCutchen. Good thing Pirates tickets cost approximately $1 each and I can therefore go to 900 games this summer.
- My iPhone has been dying SO QUICKLY recently. I charge it, make sure all the apps are closed on a fairly regular basis, don’t have it on super bright settings, don’t stream things (I’m not even really sure what this means, so that should say a lot). But still, halfway through the day I inevitably get that annoying “20% of your battery left” shit. Help?
- I just ordered these shoes, which I hope will be the answer. What do we think?
- I wish I had an elf/servant to make me double chocolate chip cookies right now and bring them to me piping hot from the oven.
- Do you ever wonder when exactly “good enough” just becomes “good” or vice versa? Or when “what am I going to do?” morphs into “this is what I am doing” or “this is what I do”? Is it conscious? My 23 year old self never would have guessed that my 28 year old self would be so clueless about life. I really thought I’d have it all figured out by now. I guess it’s not necessarily all bad, but it still manages to surprise me every once in a while.
Page 1 of 1