Posts tagged with shoes:
- Today, Chris got an offer for a summer job IN PITTSBURGH doing exactly what he wanted to do. He gets major kudos for only having a few minor “I hate everyone”/ “I’m going to drink so much tequila that I almost die” moments during the first year of business school when all that anyone talked about was what their summer job was going to be, starting in approximately…October. I know all too well from law school (heck…life) how rejection after rejection from potential employers feels/wears away at your soul. It wasn’t so easy sometimes (for either of us!), but he stuck it out and in the end, I think it was all for the best. I selfishly can’t wait to have him here this summer and I’m unselfishly really glad he didn’t have to settle for something he didn’t truly want. I’m sure 3 months apart would have been entirely manageable, but also glad that’s no longer on the radar. Wahoo!
- Last night my friend and I decided to “grab a glass of wine and some pizza” for an early dinner, which quickly (and obviously) turned into 5 (?) glasses of wine. Oops. Sunday funday!
- I have become 90% obsessed with Andrew McCutchen. Good thing Pirates tickets cost approximately $1 each and I can therefore go to 900 games this summer.
- My iPhone has been dying SO QUICKLY recently. I charge it, make sure all the apps are closed on a fairly regular basis, don’t have it on super bright settings, don’t stream things (I’m not even really sure what this means, so that should say a lot). But still, halfway through the day I inevitably get that annoying “20% of your battery left” shit. Help?
- I just ordered these shoes, which I hope will be the answer. What do we think?
- I wish I had an elf/servant to make me double chocolate chip cookies right now and bring them to me piping hot from the oven.
- Do you ever wonder when exactly “good enough” just becomes “good” or vice versa? Or when “what am I going to do?” morphs into “this is what I am doing” or “this is what I do”? Is it conscious? My 23 year old self never would have guessed that my 28 year old self would be so clueless about life. I really thought I’d have it all figured out by now. I guess it’s not necessarily all bad, but it still manages to surprise me every once in a while.
There are a few things I realized this week as I navigated my way through my new, grown-up [still somewhat surreal] life.
First, heels are overrated. For a hot second, I told myself I was going to dress all office-cute, all the time, wear heels often (remember when I bought 7 pairs of shoes all at one time?), accessorize every day, etc. After about 2 days of that supposed fun, I realized why I really am just a homeless-chic, I-love-flats-and-jeans-and-sweatpants kind of girl. No, but really….I was sitting at my desk in perfectly pressed dress pants with my legs crossed today. I’m pretty sure you can’t do that. I should have been a nurse/doctor/anything that involves wearing scrubs. [Btw, now that I’ve abandoned my office-smart look, I will need to buy a few new pairs of flats.]
Second, fat people happen because of…free food. Many times per week.
Third, Fridays are really amazing. I’m watching TV and sipping wine while waiting for my nails dry. Then going to bed early (….I’m sure “bed nails” will happen, even if I think they are dry enough…why does this always happen to me when I paint my own nails?). I couldn’t be more excited.
Fourth, who knew moving to the “midwest” meant avoiding natural disasters?
Fifth, ohmygod I am old— I went out for a few beers last night, was home by a respectable hour, and got 7+ hours of sleep. Yet somehow today was terrible. Wanna know why Sink or Swim, Thirsty Thursdays, etc. are for young people? Blame it on the lack of aldehyde dehydrogenase.
Finally, I’ve been wondering…do people just get used to
managing bossing other people around? I had to ask a paralegal to do something for me today— something I would gladly have helped with, but due to billing reasons couldn’t— and I felt so guilty. Does that just go away? If so, I don’t want it to. I never want to take people for granted. I mean, I was a paralegal. It sorta sucked.
That’s all I have, folks. Have a fun Friday night!